Sunday, July 06, 2008

Canto LXXV

So my career has slowed down of late. But that's alright. We've had a few people visiting us, which is a nice change. I do the IM thing now, so I guess that's new. The big event in my life lately was a Diplomacy tournament 2 weekends ago, The Boston Massacre. It was a lot of fun. I did OK the first two games, help my own as England and Russia, but just got killed in the third game. I was by far the worst France. But looking at the scores, it's interesting to see different patterns. Like France, for example. The first round, France did OK, the second round, with people lulled into thinking it wouldn't be that good, France did phenomenal, and in the third round all the Frances did very poorly. I of course did the worst, but still. There were other circumstances. Anyway, looking forward to next year.

Our house has been a bit of an Inn the last month, which is nice. We get out more and do more things, but also eat a lot worse. I've gained almost 10 pounds in the last month and a half! Yikes! Part of it is the end of the school term, which means I'm no longer taking my squash class. That was nice because it forced me to exercise
a couple times a week. I'm still lifting occasionally and my office mate will play me in squash every now and then. But with reduced activity and increased eating out, it's nothing but bad news for the belly. I went in for a massage, and I got a deep tissue massage. I ordered this at the end of the school year, thinking it would be a nice way to end things, but due to scheduling, it didn't happen until last week. For those who don't know, deep tissue is PAINFUL. I was trying to 'be a man' about it, but man. I think I was even more sore the next day than I was when I went in. But the day after that, it felt pretty good. So now I'm not sure what to think.

The other big event is my High School reunion next weekend. Some of my best friends from HS won't be able to make it, so I'll be staking it out on my own, which sucks. I'm still not sure what to think or do or anything about this. It's going to be weird, but I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

You should take Pete with you. He didn't go to his last year. You can tell people he's your body guard. And they'll be like, "Why do you have a body guard?" And you can be like, "Um, to guard my body? Duh?" Yeah, I'm totally moving to Hollywood to write for action movies because that dialog RAWKED.